So, get up late this morning, go step into the bathroom as part of my usual routine. About slip and break my neck. The floor is wet. Ah crap... This has happened before where the upstairs shower has leaked and poured water all over. And again this is the case. I check the usual suspects. The air vent edges are clean and dry... hmm, not from there. There are also 2 light fixtures, a "heated light" which has water dripping from it, and the other is a globe that is 1/4-1/2 full of water. (Keep in mind I'm standing in the bathroom barefoot having just touched an electrical outlet connected to BOTH of these lights full of water)
Mind you, I spent close to $1200 to have this bathroom remodeled a few years ago (new tile, framing (from termite damage) the works. And at this point I just have to sit and wait. Luckily I have a second shower that I can use in the mean time. But still, it just downright sucks.
So, we'll see how this turns out. Its going to be a battle of trying to prove who's unit is leaking the water into mine as we have several shared walls, and then the question is, does the leaky pipe fall under the HOA's responsibility to fix or the homeowner. Lots of questions not a lot of answers. Previously when the upstairs flooded my neighbors handed me a check to fix it, I have a feeling this time may not be as easy, but we shall see.
This means I need to clean the rest of my room so I can even show the master bathroom to anyone coming to inspect the place. And if you know my house... everything is relatively clean EXCEPT my room. I have 2 file cabinets both practically empty and piles everywhere else.
I guess I know how I'll be spending my Sunday afternoon, crank up some Skillet, Evanescence, and some other pump up music and set to work on my room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment