So... the big 3-0 is looming in the not so distant future. 27 business days to be exact... I know I know, its "only 30" but as Christie and I were talking about the other day... we shouldn't be having these major health problems at "only 30".
I've been having shoulder/neck pain for quite a few months now, and have been seeing the chiropractor and getting regular massages, but nothing short of od'ing on vicodin numbs the pain, and I'm not really trying to get hooked on the pain killers. Sometimes its even so bad at night that I wake up crying.
So, I go back to the doctor on Monday to talk to him about my shoulder and how the anti-inflammatories he gave me didn't help, he referred me to an orthopedic doctor who should have taken 6 weeks to get an appointment with. I called on Monday and I lucked out and was able to get an appointment today Tuesday (although I realize I am now writing this on Wednesday, but you get the point). Extremely lucky and a blessing to get in much sooner than 6 weeks from now.
He did a bunch of tests poking and prodding and then ordered a ton of x-rays. They couldn't get the x-rays right so they had to retake most of them, which was annoying and tiresome as well. So, they take me back to the room, the doctor comes in and puts the first one up on the board, says that the shoulder joint looks good, intact no sign of calcification. Second, there is a small bone spur on the collar bone but not much to worry about at this point. Then he puts up the x-ray of my neck, to which he quickly proclaims "your neck sucks". My heart sinks into my stomach thinking what the heck does that mean. He points out all the osteophytes and that my neck is in serious stages of deterioration. Which is way strange, since I saw the x-rays 2 years ago when I had all the face numbness problems and there were no signs of any of these things. How could I have deteriorated that quickly in 2 years???
He wants me to try c-spine traction therapy and exercises but the outlook isn't that great. Most likely I'll have to see a neck specialist and eventually end up having surgery (I believe a similar surgery to the one Christie had.) UGH.
I had similar narrowing of my lumbar spine but as of yet hadn't had osteophytes there, dang, I'm thinking I should have that rechecked since those x-rays were done 2 years ago as well.
Doctor said I have a much older neck than I should have, he estimated it to be a 45-55 year old neck. How the heck did it get in my 29 year old body is what I want to know... Did I get abducted by aliens and have my spine swapped out? What the heck???
So yea, that's why I say my warranty is expiring soon... Because it feels that way... and I'm only going to be 30!!!
On a cool note, I might be getting to work on STP when they come to Tucson in June. I've got 1 person ahead of me on the list, so here's to hoping something comes up and they can't make it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment